Tuesday, February 07, 2017

ITALY: FROM SANREMO TO EUROVISION, WHAT'S THE DEAL IN 2017?

As Sanremo 2017 starts tonight Carlo Conti has confirmed some details about this year's collaboration with Eurovision song contest. First of all, as we know already, the winner is the first option for Eurovision but should the winner decline the offer (just like Stadio last year) how it works? He explains that they will then simply ask the runner up and then the third one and so on until someone says "si". So, they won't go looking for someone else among all the artists, like happened in 2012 when Nina Zilli was chosen after placing 7th (unless top-6 said "no" lol)
Second, the Eurovision final stays in Raiuno, the country's main channel :-)
Also, the Newcomers selection has changed. Gone are the cruel duels and the four will all compete against each other and simply the top-2 will be chosen for the final. The same happens in the final on Friday night: no duels but all four against each other. Good. That is a very welcome change.

No comments:

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...