Skip to main content

BLOGILKAR EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: KRISTA SIEGFRIDS

... oh oh, oh oh ding dong! oh oh, oh oh ding dong! oh oh, oh oh ding dong! oh oh, oh oh ding dong! Here she comes! The queen bee of Malmö 2013 and the princess of social medias had a chat with Bicycling reporter Robert this morning. He may be used to dings and dongs coming from the original Ding-a-dong country but was he ready for Krista, who wants only talk about l-o-v-e, not politics? They chatted, got serious, sung... and who would Krista see for Finland in Eurovision 2014? Find it out here:

Krista, thanks for the interview! You seem to be all over the place for weeks already! Especially in Finland of course. Are you on speed?!
Nooo! Ha ha ha! No, no no no.... Ha ha ha! 
Where do you get your energy from?
Well, I think I get it from the song actually because it's really a fun song and I also think I get energy from the team, all Ding Dong girls are amazing! Ha ha, we have so much fun together! So it's not so hard to be in a good mood, ha ha! 
You obviously also have a very good PR manager. Who is it?
Well, I don't have one person, there are many handling this at the moment: YLE, my record label...
After winning UMK you got a record deal? Was that part of the winning?
No, it wasn't. Actually I got the deal after the semifinal before winning. They believed in me, ha ha!
You seem to be very active in social media. Where do you find the time to do that?
Yeah! I think it's important thing to do so I just take my time. For example last night before I went to sleep I was tweeting like a maniac! Ha ha ha! But I think it's fun to be in contact with my fans all the time. So I'm very active in Twitter and Facebook and Instagram...
But it's you personally who do that?
Yeah, I do that myself!  
And you also follow Eurovision sites and follow what they say about you?
Yeah, not all of them because I don't have time, ha ha. But I'm following, yes!
You wrote the song Marry me yourself but who came up with the staging? 
You mean the show? I had it in my mind all the time that I want to do this kind of show but then I hired Finland's best choreographer Reija Väre.  I'm so happy she agreed to do the choreography because I think she's the best! ha ha!
And are you happy how it looks now or will there be further changes in the next rehearsal?
I'm happy with it, it's great. The stage looks amazing and we won't change that much. Maybe some minor changes in camera angles but not that much. I think the show is really good!
How many wedding gowns did you take to Malmö 2013?
Ha ha ha, I have four dresses up in my room and then we are going to borrow also something from here! So you will see different wedding dresses every day!
And will you throw your bridal flowers to the audience?
Well, maybe! Ha ha, you' see! We are gonna have real flowers. 
Who came up with the lesbian ending of the performance?
Well, I wouldn't call it lesbian ending, it's just a kiss! It's about love. The whole Team Ding Dong thought it was a great idea! 
But a lot of people see it in relationship with the discussion of gay marriage bill in Finland. Why are you so strongly involved in this?
I don't want to talk about politics as I have never done it, I have always been talking about LOVE. It's the media that wants to make it a political statement. It really isn't. It's a fact in Finland gay people can't marry. It's the only Nordic country where it isn't allowed. 
Do you have a lot of gay friends so that you are a bit more interested in the subject that way?
Yes, I have a lot of gay friends, I do. 
We have seen you kiss a girl on stage. Have you kissed a girl before that?
I have kissed many persons before this! Ha ha.
You clearly love Eurovision and you met your idol Carola in Amsterdam. Did she give you any advice?
Yes! She gave me a lot of good advice but I think the best one was when she told me to remember to just relax and enjoy every moment. Not to stress because if you enjoy your time on stage it will show to the rest of the world, too. 
Have you seen the video of The Parody Guys? Will you meet them here in Malmö?
I loved it! And I really hope to see them! I think the video is really funny, I love it! I feel really honored they picked my song this year actually. 
When and where is the album release party as the album will be out tomorrow?
No, we don't have a release party here. The physical album will be out tomorrow in Finland and for the rest of the world it'll be available on iTunes and Spotify. We have a press conference tomorrow here but the party will be in Finland when I come back. On June 8 actually. 
Tell us a bit about the album, your music taste and what can be expect from you in the future?
It's a happy album! There's a lot of party music, I want people to dance, smile and party! All songs on the album are stories of my life. Some stories are fun, some are not so much fun, some are maybe a little irritating, ha ha! Some are just what I'm thinking about. Some are very personal, about heartache, love and death. My father died when I was 15 and there's a song for him at the end, too. It's an emotional album, but mostly fun!   
Is this kind of music that you see yourself doing in the future, too?
Yeah for sure. I am a very energetic person , I love to write up tempo party songs, I want to entertain people, I always wanted to do that. But I guess it depends on what mood I am, maybe the next CD will be something else? I think it's going to be party but I don't know! :-)
What is your favorite Finnish Eurovision song?
Only one? Can I say more? I really liked Kirka's Hengaillaan! Do you know that song? (Robert starts singing, she had no idea what a living jukebox her interviewer is.... Ed.note)  Ha ha ha yeaaah! And then I liked Sata salamaa (this time Krista gets to sing it, Ed.note
Do you ever do Eurovison covers in your shows?
No, I don't. For now I only do my own songs but there will be from now on one Eurovision song in the list: Marry me Ha ha ha!
Ok, last question: Who should sing for Finland in Eurovision 2014?
I think it would be great if it was some Fimmish band that people know all around Europe, The Rasmus for example. I think it'd be cool! 
Thank you Krista for this interview and good luck on Thursday. See you in final then! Ding Dong!    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ESC 2016 WISH LIST: MARGARET FOR POLAND

Małgorzata Jamroży aka Margaret has also been tipped for Eurovision and apparently she did turn it down but she'd be perfect. She's got a look and persona you can't unnotice nor forget, she's got hit songs, she has been voted or nominated for everything from Trendy artist to the Hope of the Year, Fashion Icon and Glamour Woman of the year besides the usual best video, song, album, debut..... Oh she's also a fashion designer! She's very clever with social medias and would surely use it to her advantage if selected for Stockholm 2016. Her debut album is titled Add the blonde , do we need to say more? Except it includes mostly Swedish written pop tunes like Tell me how are ya , Wasted , Start a fire and Heartbeat . And of course her debut single and internationally noticed Thank you very much that you can enjoy below with all its anti-textil feel. I think she's Eurovision perfection, she's cheeky and fun, can we have her?

SONGS OF THE YEAR 2015: #5 KRISTA SIEGFRIDS - ON & OFF

Krista Siegfrids is delivering nice pop tunes one after another and this one is particularly catchy and soon you will be singing along..... Hopefully her Melodifestivalen entry will be equally good!

GOODBYE, FAREWELL...

The time has come. After all these years, 5,7 million visits, 12.000 articles I guess the time has come. As much as I love and care for Eurovision it just doesn't feel the same. The Corona years took their toll and the past two years and certain decisions have helped me to mature the idea that next year I will hear the songs for the first time in semi-final just like any so called local.  The bubble has burst. Add the toxicity in social medias and fandom. The arrogant teenagers who saw their first contest somewhere 2017 or even 2021 who think they know it all and only their opinion matters. Did I mention the toxic atmosphere on social medias? I'm too old for that sh*t. It's been a long ride that took me to various Eurovision on spot as a fan and tourist,  as a journalist, as a delegation member. I met some great people, made memories of lifetime. In stressful, sad periods of my life this blog has been my safe place, a place to escape and forget everything else for an hour o

ESC 2016 BELARUS: NAKED WITH WOLVES?

Today's funniest Eurovision related story comes from Belarus. Some sources claim Ivan wants to perform on stage naked and with live wolf or wolves. It surely would be a first on Eurovision stage! We have seen some forgotten underwear over the years, and some cardbox animals though..... Is it time to take things a bit further?  No, according the rules live animals are not allowed, and Eurovision being a family show nudity won't do either. (It seems to be ok to be half naked if you are a dancer though..... )

NO AMOR IN ICELAND FOR ÁSDIS MARIA

In Iceland Söngvakeppni Sjónvarpsins 2014 started as well. Five songs in the running and two were voted to the final: Gréta Mjöll - Eftir eitt lag and Gissur Páll Gissurarson - Von . To be honest I'm not very suprised about the choices even if I was hoping for Ásdís María Viðarsdóttir - Amor to make it. The people of Björk didn't warm up to that enough, sadly. Also Sverrir Bergmann - Dönsum burtu blús and Vignir Snær Vigfússon - Elsku þú are out but that's ok. Or maybe I would have sent Ásdis Maria with Vignir to the final....Oh well. Next week another five songs and two qualifiers.

EUROVISION 2024: BLOGILKAR'S HOME JURY RESULTS REVEAL - PLACES 32.- 37.

Another year, another Home Jury. And mind you, never ever before the results have been so surprising and I must honestly admit so not in line with my own likes and dislikes but what can I do, they have spoken. We voted with scores from 1 to 10 and this year also the scores are all time low and without a runaway winner. Ties were broken by highest individual scores. This year our unprofessional, mildly interested, regular Eurovision viewers included people in their teens, 20's, 30's, 40's and 50's. Both sexes, various locations in Finland added with our exotic Peruvian member to spice things up a little. I will count down the whole ranking in coming days from bottom to the top so please do follow up and comment if you like. Let's go! 32. SPAIN  3,63 33. ARMENIA  3,25 34. ICELAND  3,25 35. GEORGIA  3,25 36. GREECE  3,00 37. MOLDOVA  3,00

ESC 2016 ARMENIA: IT'S IVETA MUKUCHYAN!

Armenian tv has revealed tonight the name of their artist for the 2016 Eurovision song contest in Stockholm. It's 29-year-old Iveta Mukuchyan. Born in Yerevan she moved with her family to Germany when she was 6. At 23 she moved back to Armenia and continued her music studies. She has taken part in the Armenian Pop Idol finishing 5th in 2010 and she also did The Voice of Germany . In 2012 she was voted the Sexiest Armenian.  Armenian tv has made a call for songwriters all over the world to submit a song for her by November 13, 2015.  Let's see which direction the final choice will go, Freak or her latest release that you can hear below.... Whatever it is it will be an improvement from last year's fiasco.....

EUROVISION 2024: DAY 5 - SEMI-FINAL ONE SECOND REHEARSALS

Today all entries in the semi-final one had their second rehearsals of 20 minutes. Not much to add but Luxemburg had changed the outfit. Or rather added some scarfs on top of it.... Still not good I must admit.  CYPRUS SERBIA LITHUANIA IRELAND UKRAINE  POLAND CROATIA ICELAND SLOVENIA FINLAND MOLDOVA AZERBAIJAN AUSTRALIA PORTUGAL LUXEMBURG Photos as always from eurovision.tv

EUROVISION 2024 FRANCE: SLIMANE - MON AMOUR

  Slimane was the fourth artist announced for the Eurovision song contest 2024 in Malmö, but the very first with the song Mon amour released at the same time and thus the first song of the season, when the whole package was revealed on November 8, 2023. This year France Télévisions dropped the national final and picked internally the biggest name instead. A bit like Italy last year with Marco Mengoni. Slimane Nebchi (34) is a French of Algerian descent through his grandparents. In 2016 he won the season 5 of The Voice but before that he had already gone through many talent shows: Popstars 2007, Nouvelle star 2009, X Factor 2011, Encore un chance 2012, Je veux signer chez AZ and also did Didier Barbelivien's musical Marie-Antoinette et le Chevalier de Maison-Rouge in 2015. His recording career started started after The Voice (except for an EP in 2011 that went nowhere) with his debut album hitting #1 and selling triple platinum. Since then he has released three more albums (last one

FINLAND: CONGRATS HANNA PAKARINEN - BABY IS COMING!

No more leave me alones as Eurovision 2007 veteran Hanna Pakarinen has published in her Youtube channel a video unboxing the Finnish state's maternity box aka layette set thus announcing she's due to have a baby later this spring. Congratulations!