A few weeks ago the news that Kita was kicked out of Lordi because his other band Stala & So were to take part in Euroviisut 2011 made headlines. Now for the first time Kita or Sampsa Astala tells what it was really about in today's Iltalehti: "It all happened very fast. I knew I should leave Lordi if I accepted the invitation for Euroviisut. I spent some sleepless nights.It wasn't easy. After the decision I was sad and a bit down. Over ten years in that band were over. But it wasn't any angry breakup. I have been helping Lordi to get organized for their European tour and we rehearse in the same place with Stala & So. There are no hard feelings" he concludes. Lordi is starting their 30 gig European tour in early November and apparently they have a new drummer already. "Winning Eurovision 2007 was a real newsbomb in Finland but it didn't effect us as persons. We were no teenagers at the time anymore" he says. "We didn't become millionaires either. The band has a lot of stuff and it's expensive to run it all."
The Azerbaijani selection show for the represant was as long as the selection process for the five finalists. Kurt Calleja from Malta and Can Bonomo from Turkey were present with Ell/Nikki to see Sabina Babayeva to emerge as the winner after each and every finalist had done about zillion songs amongst other guests. Now the Azeri TV will shop around a suitable song for her.

Comments