Thursday, March 26, 2015

ESC 2015: ARTISTS FROM FIVE DECADES - 43 YEARS BETWEEN ANITA AND PERTTI

The first Eurovision song contest took place on May 24, 1956 in Lugano. Now 60 years later the 60th edition will be held on May 23, finishing on early hour of May 24 in most of Europe. The oldest participant this year is Finland's Pertti Kurikka, born on Boxing day the very same year 1956. He's 43 years older than the youngest artist this year, San Marino's Anita Simoncini who turns 16 just six weeks before the final in Vienna. The funny thing is the oldest one does punk, the youngest...  well, schlager.
But she's not alone being extremely young as there are also other 16-year-olds this year: Ireland's Molly Sterling, Israel's Nadav Guedj who both beat San Marino's Michele Perniola thus making the San Marino kids only the youngest duo ever, but not the youngest ones this year. And more teenagers come from Denmark (Philip and Nicolas) and Belgium's Loic Nottet. Italy's Gianluca Ginoble, and Georgia's Nina Sublatti turned 20 yearlier this year and John Karayinnis is 19 or 20*. So, Vienna is going to have a rather young cast. 
Out of 60* artists the most are born in the 1990's, 27 or 45%. The 1980's follow closely with 26 or 43% making a total of 88%! Four artists are born in the 1970's or 7%, two in the 1960's (Lisa Angell and Knez) and one in the 1950's (Pertti Kurikka). That covers five decades. Will we have next year the first artist born in the 2000's?
Curious facts of the cast of 2015: Ann Sophie and Mélanie René are born the very same day. So are Uzari and Daniel Kajmakoski. Polina Gagarina is only one day older than Vaidas Baumila. Most artists are born in 1980 (7) but none in 1997, 1988, 1979, 1977, 1976, 1972, 1971, 1970, 1969 and 1957- 1966. An averarage Eurovision artist 2015 is born late spring-early summer 1986 or 28-29 years old when Vienna 2015 takes place.
And as it might not appear at first glance, men beat female 38-29 in the cast - thanks to bands, of course!

(*I miss the birth date or year of Marjetka Vovk and Debrah Scarlet as well as Voltaj's guys, and John Karayiannis exact date, anyone know? The above calculations are made without them, obviously) 

No comments:

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...