Latvia's Aminata continues this year's trend of long (questionable) dresses and headpieces. Her dress looks like a huge wedding dress straight from the Irish gipsy traveller's wedding, not quite fitting her figure - she even admitted it's too tight for her - and then they just dropped it into a sink of red paint. Oh well.... The backdrop is a modern interpretation of last year's Sammarinese shell of Botticelli, and the whole affair is red and silver. Many like this song and I wonder why. She's ot a voice, it's different and maybe modern but I find it monotone and shouty. Not a good shoyty kind like Suus, but simply irritating shouty. For me this is the shock non qualifier, but once again: What do I know?
The Azerbaijani selection show for the represant was as long as the selection process for the five finalists. Kurt Calleja from Malta and Can Bonomo from Turkey were present with Ell/Nikki to see Sabina Babayeva to emerge as the winner after each and every finalist had done about zillion songs amongst other guests. Now the Azeri TV will shop around a suitable song for her.


Comments