Kayahan Acar's Gözlerininm hapsindeyim was the Turkish entry in Eurovision 1990. It reached 17th place being reasonably well for Turkey those days. Kayahan has ever since been a top selling artist in Turkey and that song happens to be one of my Turkish favourites. I heard it accidently a few days ago and since then it's been playing in my head... lai, la, la, la.... Anyways, as I said Kayahan is still going strong and his latest is 365 Gün Hayatımın Tamamısınthat translates to 365 days of my life. And I like that one, too!
The Azerbaijani selection show for the represant was as long as the selection process for the five finalists. Kurt Calleja from Malta and Can Bonomo from Turkey were present with Ell/Nikki to see Sabina Babayeva to emerge as the winner after each and every finalist had done about zillion songs amongst other guests. Now the Azeri TV will shop around a suitable song for her.

Comments