Villieläin (Wild Animal) is also doing very well in various Euroviisut 2010 polls with their Ei minua (Not me). First thing you think it is how Nightwish it is: hard rock with classical vocals, strong keyboards and melodies. They are slowly gaining popularity with their Kaiverrettu hiekkaan (Written in the sand), Voittamaton (Invincible) that went to #12 in the charts and Kuoleman suudelma (Kiss of death). They released their debut album Julma satu (Cruel fairytale) a couple of months ago and it debuted at the charts at #27. I like this song but I'm afraid everyone will just compare it to Nightwish. If I heard this on radio I would think it's an old Tarja Turunen era song... And they kinda look like them, too!
The Azerbaijani selection show for the represant was as long as the selection process for the five finalists. Kurt Calleja from Malta and Can Bonomo from Turkey were present with Ell/Nikki to see Sabina Babayeva to emerge as the winner after each and every finalist had done about zillion songs amongst other guests. Now the Azeri TV will shop around a suitable song for her.

Comments