She is clearly the most advertized artist in the contest and I guess she might positively surprise many with this catchy pop song titled Checkmate. What she lacks in voice she has in looks and promotional skills and stage show. I haven't heard all of her debut album but I think this is best Martina I have heard so far so I cannot be but pleased. I wouldn't mind this going all the way to Baku but I'm afraid it won't - or can she overcome the prejudgement, her reputation and show both the jurors and the televoting public she's got it?
The Azerbaijani selection show for the represant was as long as the selection process for the five finalists. Kurt Calleja from Malta and Can Bonomo from Turkey were present with Ell/Nikki to see Sabina Babayeva to emerge as the winner after each and every finalist had done about zillion songs amongst other guests. Now the Azeri TV will shop around a suitable song for her.


Comments